Skip Navigation



Ordering an Official Transcript for The Krieger School of Arts & Sciences or The Whiting School of Engineering

*If you are a student from another division, please see instructions for ordering from other divisions under Items of Interest below. 

Transcript requests are normally processed within 1-3 business days of receipt of the request. Requests for multiple transcripts will require more time. Standard delivery of transcripts is by U.S. Mail first-class. To provide the best service possible and to maintain security of academic records, transcripts may be ordered the following ways:

Electronic Transcript

Ordering Electronic Transcripts ONLY: go to

*This site is for students from Arts & Sciences/Engineering, AAP, and PTE who attended after December 2000.  Your transcript will be sent securely through eSCRIP-SAFE (a secure electronic alternative to the traditional paper transcript) in a PDF format via email. Currently the service fee is $2.25 per electronic delivery address.

NOTE: Electronic transcripts sent to the recipient are considered OFFICIAL upon delivery, but become UNOFFICIAL if passed on to another recipient.

AMCAS and LSAC Applicants:  The AAMC’s American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) and the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) now accept electronic transcripts from approved senders. Johns Hopkins University is an approved sender.
AMCAS and LSAC applicants should request their JHU transcript at . The proper fields will appear within your request for entering the required ID information. There will be no need to attach additional forms.


Paper Transcript

There are 3 ways to order an official paper transcript: online, in person or by mail.
Click Here for Secure Online Request for Paper Transcript

The link will walk you through placing your order, including service fees and delivery options. Currently the service fee is $2.25 per transcript delivery address.

Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online. Any major credit card may be used. Your card will only be charged after your transcript has been sent.

IMPORTANT! Please Read: Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. Follow the National Student Clearinghouse directions to submit your consent form.                  

2.  IN PERSON: A form can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar (75 Garland Hall, Homewood Campus). There is NO charge for the first copy using standard US mail service per business week. Each additional copy is $5.00. Check, money order, J-Cash, and credit card will be accepted for payment in person.

3.  BY MAIL: Click on the Transcript Order Form button below. Print, complete and mail the order form and copy of photo ID to:
Johns Hopkins University
Registrar’s Office –Transcripts
75 Garland Hall
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218


Transcript Order Form

There is NO charge for the first copy using standard US mail service per business week. Each additional copy is $5.00. Credit card, check, or money order made out to Johns Hopkins University will be accepted for payment via mail. We cannot accept requests for transcripts by phone.

Special Service Fees
• Next-day Rush service: $25.00 per transcript request, processed and mailed the next business day by First Class mail, if request is received by 3pm EST.
• Federal Express - Next Day Domestic Delivery: Additional fee of $18.00.
• International Express: Additional $30.00.

Multiple Copies
The first copy is free. Any additional paper transcripts ordered will be $5.00 per transcript. If paying for special services by check, please make certain the check is made payable to Johns Hopkins University.


*Items of Interest
Situations that will prevent the office from issuing a transcript include:

  • No signature on request or no ID (acceptable forms of ID are: copy of driver's license, passport, or school ID).
  • If you are a Carey Business School or School of Education student (formerly the School of Professional Studies in Business and Education (SPSBE) and the School of Continuing Studies) you must contact the Carey Business School or School of Education directly to obtain a transcript. For the Carey Business School, visit and for the School of Education, visit *This office no longer handles Carey Business School/School of Education transcripts.
  • If you are a Summer University (pre-college student) including Engineering Innovations, you should choose the "undergraduate" transcript request under Arts & Sciences/Engineering.
  • Financial hold or outstanding obligations to Student Accounts or Student Loans.
  • A serious academic and/or disciplinary matter that remains unresolved.
  • Insufficient payment for special services.

For more information on transcripts contact the Transcripts Coordinator at (410) 516-7088.