Ordering an Official Transcript for The Krieger School of Arts & Sciences or The Whiting School of Engineering
*If you are a student from another division, please see instructions for ordering from other divisions under Items of Interest below.
Transcript requests are normally processed within 1-3 business days of receipt of the request. Requests for multiple transcripts will require more time. Standard delivery of transcripts is by U.S. Mail first-class. To provide the best service possible and to maintain security of academic records, transcripts may be ordered the following ways:
(Electronic Transcript orders must be submitted online only. We are no longer able to accept requests in-office.)
Click Here for secure online request for Electronic Transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
The above link will walk you through placing your order. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.
Currently the service fee is $4.00 per electronic transcript delivery address. Any major credit card may be used. Your card will only be charged after your transcript has been sent.
IMPORTANT! Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. Follow the NSC directions to submit your electronic signature.
AMCAS and LSAC Applicants: The AAMC’s American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) and the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) now accept electronic transcripts from approved senders. Johns Hopkins University is an approved sender.
There are 3 ways to order an official paper transcript: online, in person or by mail.
Click Here for secure online request for Paper Transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
The link will walk you through placing your order, including service fees and delivery options. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.
Currently the service fee is $2.25 per paper transcript delivery address. Any major credit card may be used. Your card will only be charged after your transcript has been sent.
IMPORTANT! Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. Follow the National Student Clearinghouse directions to submit your consent form.
2. IN PERSON: (This option is available for paper transcripts only.)
A form can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar (75 Garland Hall, Homewood Campus). There is NO charge for the first copy using standard US mail service per business week. Each additional copy is $5.00. Check, money order, J-Cash, and credit card will be accepted for payment in person.
3. BY MAIL: (This option is available for paper transcripts only.)
Click here for the Paper Transcript Order Form. Print and mail the completed order form and copy of photo ID to the address below, or email to ASENVerify@jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins University
Registrar’s Office –Transcripts
75 Garland Hall
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
There is NO charge for the first copy using standard US mail service per business week. Each additional copy is $5.00. Credit card, check, or money order made out to Johns Hopkins University will be accepted for payment via mail. We cannot accept requests for transcripts by phone.
Special Service Fees
• Next-day Rush service: $25.00 per transcript request, processed and mailed the next business day by First Class mail, if request is received by 3pm EST.
• Federal Express - Next Day Domestic Delivery: Additional fee of $18.00.
• International Express: Additional $30.00.
The first copy of a paper transcript is free. Any additional paper transcripts ordered will be $5.00 per transcript. If paying for special services by check, please make certain the check is made payable to Johns Hopkins University.
- No signature on request or no ID (acceptable forms of ID are: copy of driver's license, passport, or school ID).
- If you are a Carey Business School or School of Education student (formerly the School of Professional Studies in Business and Education (SPSBE) and the School of Continuing Studies) you must contact the Carey Business School or School of Education directly to obtain a transcript. For the Carey Business School, visit http://carey.jhu.edu/alumni/transcript_request/ and for the School of Education, visit http://onestop.education.jhu.edu/registration/transcripts.html. *This office no longer handles Carey Business School/School of Education transcripts.
- If you are a Summer University (pre-college student) including Engineering Innovations, you should choose the "undergraduate" transcript request under Arts & Sciences/Engineering.
- Financial hold or outstanding obligations to Student Accounts or Student Loans.
- A serious academic and/or disciplinary matter that remains unresolved.
- Insufficient payment for special services.
For more information on transcripts contact ASENVerify@jhu.edu.