Skip Navigation



On-Line Registrar Services - Frequently Asked Questions

•  Who has access to Web Registration?

All continuing Arts & Sciences or Engineering students who are cleared by their academic adviser for web registration may register via the web.  Students will be able to update their personal information, register for their courses, view/print a confirmation, and check their grades.

•  How do I access Web Registration?

Go to  At the logon screen, enter your JHED LID (logon identification) and password.  (Click on the JHED link to obtain your JHED logon identification.)

Web registration will NOT be available for:

• Interdivisional Registration
• Cooperative Registration
• Independent Study/Research/Internship
• Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grading Option
• Graduate-Level Courses (for undergraduate students)
• Late Registrations
• Part-time Undergraduate students/Pay-Per-Credit Undergraduate Students

To register for any of the above, submit forms with the appropriate signature(s) to the Registrar's Office.

•  If I need help with logging on to Web Registration, whom should I call?

Questions regarding the JHED (Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory) logon process should be directed to the Support Center at (410) 516-HELP during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

•  If I need help registering via the web, whom should I call?

Questions regarding Web Registration should be directed to the Registrar's Office, Monday through Friday, at (410) 516-8080 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or via email at

•  How do I get a JHED LID and password?

You must logon at least one time in JHED (Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory) to obtain your logon identification (LID).  You may look up your name on JHED and then click on the logon link and follow the directions to login and obtain your JHED LID.  The URL for the JHED site is

•  Is Web Registration accessible from home?

Web Registration is available over the Internet as long as you have working access (i.e., have your JHED LID and Password).