General Pool Room Scheduling Policy:
Classrooms on the Homewood Campus are a shared resource, to be used as fully and efficiently as possible with scheduling priority given to credit courses. The allocation system is intended to provide equitable access to a variety of rooms and features to address instructional needs of credit courses, as well as to provide accommodation for non-credit courses, student group meetings and other non-recurring events.
• The shared/general pool classroom allocation system provides each JHU Department or School with scheduling preference in buildings or rooms near in location to their offices. The allocation provides priority to each school or department for planning purposes but not ownership in the shared general pool classrooms.
• The Office of the Registrar Scheduling Team will complete scheduling ASEN credit courses in classrooms no later than two weeks before the start of any academic semester. This includes Summer (pre-session, sessions 1 and 2), Fall, Intersession, and Spring.
• The ASEN Office of the Registrar schedules all rooms for classes 8:00am to 10:00pm, Monday through Friday and all day on the weekends.
• The ASEN Office of the Registrar will make every effort to assign available classrooms appropriate to course enrollments and instructional needs and if possible, to give preference to each department or school to use classrooms near in location to their departmental facilities.
• The ASEN Office of the Registrar will make every effort to accomodate course needs and schedule changes on a space available basis.
• The ASEN Office of the Registrar must be compliant with ADA regulations. Room assignments may be assigned or changed to remain in compliance as needs are identified.
• Whenever classrooms in the Homewood shared general pool are taken offline, due to renovation, utility failure, etc., the Homewood Campus Scheduling Team will discuss alternative available space and adjust the course room assignments as needed.
Academic Events and Student Group Room Requests:
• Homewood schools and departments are encouraged to contact JHU entities such as Conference Services (410-516-3962 , firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Office of Student Life (410-516-8209, HomewoodScheduleEvents@jhu.edu) to arrange for meetings and events prior to requesting general pool classroom space.
• Homewood student groups, departments, schools and administrative units may request to borrow rooms from the shared pool by submitting the applicable reservation request form.
Homewood student groups who are registered with Student Life and interested in requesting general pool classroom space may fill out a Student Group Room Request Form. Please return this form to the Office of the Registrar located in 75 Garland Hall or email to email@example.com.
Homewood Academic and Administrative Departments interested in requesting general pool classroom space may fill out an Academic Event Request Form. Please return this form to the Office of the Registrar located in 75 Garland Hall or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Room requests may be submitted as early as 90 days prior to the start of a semester and no later than 1 week prior to the date of the event.
• The Scheduling Team will begin to schedule non-recurring academic related events after all courses have been assigned and at least two weeks prior to the start of the academic term.
• Reservation requests are issued confirmations on a space available basis in order of Date of Event.
• Cancellations should be reported to the ASEN Office of the Registrar at least a week prior to the original start date of the cancelled event so the room(s) may be made available to others.
• Events scheduled in Hodson Hall and Bloomberg auditorium on weekends will incur extra charges for Custodial and Security services.
• Hodson Hall assignments may be subject to temporary relocation during Board of Trustee or President's office events.
• Homewood Campus computer labs and computer classrooms are not included in the allocation system. These facilities are scheduled and maintained by Information Technology Services.
• The Office of the Registrar will review and revise these guidelines and allocations annually or as needed in response to changing academic needs and room availabilities.
Our forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download from Adobe.