Starting June 1, all communication for medical tutorials will be through Blackboard, so make sure you follow the Bb registration directions below!
You must be registered in Blackboard (before June 1) in order to receive future announcements, access forms, and submit documents.
There will be no exceptions.
The JHU School of Medicine and Homewood’s Pre-Professional Office are pleased to offer Medical Tutorials for Johns Hopkins University sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Medical Tutorials are experiences supervised by faculty at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Kennedy Krieger Institute that are:
- 1 or 2 credits
- Graded satisfactory or unsatisfactory (S/U )
- Offered fall and spring (not intersession or summer)
- You will not see Medical Tutorials on ISIS, and you can’t register for them during regular fall and spring registration periods.
- Registration for fall Medical Tutorials starts in the summer.
- Registration for spring Medical Tutorials starts in the late fall.
- Please do not email the Pre-Prof office to inquire about exact dates as they may vary each semester.
The goals of Medical Tutorials are to:
- Broaden students’ concept of medicine
- Introduce students to different spheres of medicine, and
- Cultivate greater empathy for diverse patients
Medical Tutorials are offered as:
- Clinical Research
- Laboratory Research
- Participatory or Community-Based Research
- Educational Research (e.g., improvement of training curricula for residents or medical students)
- Clinical Trials
- Hospital Quality Improvement (e.g., patient or employee satisfaction or patient safety)
- Community Outreach and Awareness (e.g., health education)
- Practicum (shadowing that includes structured reflections, didactics, and/or a capstone project).
Starting immediately, if you are considering a Medical Tutorial for either fall 2015 or spring 2016, you will need to register for the program via Blackboard.
- Log in to Blackboard with your JHED ID/password. (http://blackboard.jhu.edu)
- Next, click this link to be taken to a page that will automatically enroll you in the Medical Tutorials site
Please direct your Medical Tutorial questions to firstname.lastname@example.org