Move Out Trash
2015 dates - May 4th, 6th, 8th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 26th, 27th, 29th, and June 1st.
From mid-May until the first week of June each year, the office of the Student/Community Liaison offers assistance in hauling away move-out related trash. The program is currently limited to juniors and seniors who live outside of university housing and in a house or building that does not offer private trash hauling services.
In order to participate, students must:
- Email email@example.com
- Give your name, address, contact phone number, general description of items for disposal, and chose a date for pick up. A confirmation email will be sent
- On the morning of the confirmed date, students must place the items out in the designated area of their property
- All loose items must be boxed or bagged
That’s it! On the afternoon of the scheduled pick up date, Jon will be by with a professional hauling crew to remove all items set out for disposal. There is no fee for this service and multiple dates may be selected if need be.
Items we can accept:
- Bagged or boxed trash
- Small appliances (vacuum cleaners, microwaves, toasters, TV’s, etc)
Items we can not accept:
- Large appliances (refrigerators, stoves, freezers, etc)
- Chemicals, paints, explosives
All items picked up will be disposed of in a landfill. If you have items you want to recycle please visit JHU Recycling.
If you have items that we can not haul away, please call 311 to schedule a pick up or to find out more information on proper disposal. Baltimore city offers bulk trash pick up once a month for free, however a pick up must be scheduled well in advance.