Deadline to reserve ad space in Fall issue: September 23.
Deadline to submit artwork for Fall issue: September 30
Full page $1,000
Half page (vertical or horizontal) $500
10% discount for first-time advertiser or purchaser of three or more ads
Same rates apply for black & white ads
Final art files: 9/30/08
Final art files: 2/10/09
Solving the Shortage
Final art files: 6/01/09
• Keep critical elements (text, images that
should not bleed) 0.25” inside trim size.
• Bleed should extend 0.25” beyond trim size.
w8.375” X h10.875”
w8.375” X h5”
w3.500” X h9.625”
Save ad as PDF, minimum 300 dpi resolution, no compression. Make sure to extend bleed to 0.25" beyond trim size for ads that bleed, and include in pdf.
Full color ads: CMYK (not RGB).
Scans: 300 dpi or higher.
1. Advertisements will not be accepted for alcohol, cigarettes, or any other products or services that are deemed not to be healthy.
2. Advertisements will not be accepted for academic or continuing educational programs that compete with those of the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing or the Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
3. All advertising must be clearly different in style from editorial.
4. Order cancellations or changes may not be made after the closing date.
5. All position instructions on orders are considered requests only. Position is determined according to availability.
Johns Hopkins Nursing reserves the right to interpret these or any other guidelines which may be put in place, and to decline or reject any advertising for any reason at any time without liability.
Johns Hopkins University
School of Nursing Alumni
Nursing schools and nurse leaders
Nurses at Johns Hopkins hospitals
Donors, friends, media, and legislators