Individual Counseling 

Students who come to the counseling center will meet individually with a staff psychologist to determine the services which will best suit their needs. If it is determined that a student’s needs would best be met elsewhere, the counselor will help the student find a referral in the area.


In the event that psychotropic medication may be indicated, the staff psychologist will refer the student to one of our consulting psychiatrists. The psychiatrist and psychologist will work together to evaluate the student’s needs and prescribe and monitor medication as needed. Students who wish to see a Counseling Center consulting psychiatrist must be in treatment with a Counseling Center therapist.

Couples Counseling

Students who wish to have counseling as a couple must both be eligible students of Johns Hopkins University.