March 15, 2013
Needed: Summer Research Assistants /Maryland Food Bank
Are you interested in serving as a volunteer research assistant this summer with the Maryland Food Bank?
Maryland Food Bank is working with Feeding America, the leading hunger relief charity in the United States, to conduct Hunger Study client surveys within their partner agencies. The purpose of these surveys is to learn more about people who are using food programs, and the information collected in the client surveys will enable Feeding America to better understand the prevalence of hunger in America and the scope of services provided by food banks and their partner agencies.
As such, we are in need of volunteers to assist us in conducting these surveys. In order to volunteer, you must meet the following qualifications:
1. Be 18 years of age or older;
2. Have reliable transportation;
3. Be able to attend volunteer trainings
4. Available at least one or two days per week;
5. Able to travel to any program within their assigned area;
6. Able to oversee sampling and data collection;
7. Able to engage sampled clients waiting to complete the survey
Volunteers cannot be accepted if they have been court-mandated to engage in volunteer activities.
The Hunger Study client surveys will be conducted from mid-April through Aug. 30.
Make a difference in the lives of hunger Marylanders and assist the Maryland Food Bank in conducting these client surveys. For additional information, contact: Kirsten Bishop at the Center for Social Concern at email@example.com.